Over our holiday break, everyone will be responsible for:
1) Promoting Your Collective
&
2) Completing at least one project a week.
Promotion: This will be up to you to do individually. Create your own flyers/posters. Email friends/family. Post about Your Collective on message boards and/or posting sites like gumtree or craigslist. It's up to you how you choose to promote Your Collective. If you create a flyer or poster, you don't have to get everyone's approval on the design. Create it, photocopy it and give it away. Keep track of your costs and as long as you have already paid Ceri £10 for the budget, you will get reimbursed for costs. Everyone should aim to get at least 2-5 proposals submitted from people each week that we're on holiday.
Proposal Procedure: Once a proposal is submitted, it should be posted on this blog. If it is submitted to you personally rather than our collective email address than it is your responsibility to either forward it to yourcollective@yahoo.com or post it yourself on this blog, which everyone has access to. If you decide to attempt one of the proposals then sign your name in the comments section of that proposal's post.
Projects: Fridays (starting next week 21/3)will be our weekly deadline for completing projects and choosing new ones. Send your completed projects to our email address or upload it to our Photobucket account and make sure to include the project brief, who proposed it and where they're from.
*For anyone who will be in London over the break, I'll open my flat up for Your Collective meetings every Wednesday afternoon at 1pm, for whomever would like to get together to either work on projects, get feedback on what you're doing, update the blog or work on promotion. Just email me and let me know if you would like to meet this coming Wednesday and I'll send you directions to my flat in Bow in East London.
Remember Your Collective will only be a success if everyone contributes equally to it. Everyone has expressed enthusiasm for this project, which makes me really happy, but I have to be perfectly honest and say that a good number of us have yet to contribute anything substantial to Your Collective. It's important that each one of us takes the initiative to take active roles in this project, from the promotional side to creation of work that will represent us at the end of the day. Each one of us, myself included, could be working a lot harder to ensure the success of Your Collective, and now that we're going on a break for a month, I think it is essential for us to create interesting work of a high standard while generating actual traffic to our website.
Please sign your name in the comments section of this post (along with any actual comments you might have) so that we know that you've read this. I've posted a few of the proposals we've already received, so if you'd like to do one of them, sign your name in the proposal's comments section.
Ok, I hope everyone has a good break and I can't wait to see the work everyone creates.
yours,
John.
p.s. Josh & Emma, please send in your first projects!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Last one to sign this is the loser!
-John
Hi John, I've read it! Ok, this all sounds great, I was also wondering if maybe we should put up each new proposal we get in the news section? Then visitors to the blog get to keep updated in the things being proposed. It also shows our activity. I don't mind doing this, as we have already discussed me being responsible for this section. I'll post an intro to the section tonight. Of course, every proposal we receive would have to be forwarded to the yourcollective email, to enable me to keep it updated.
Re: funding- These are the people that have given me £10- John, Josh, Jess, Precious and me. So I will buy some badge kits with this money, but also what's happened about a press release? Are we not doing that anymore?
Much love Ceri x
I've just made a blog account, so that I can post on here a bit more easily ;) x
Posting proposals on the news page is a good idea, perhaps though we should only post the ones we've chosen to do? That way it would give incentive for people to visit the site again. Posting each and every proposal that we receive might be too much?
re: the press release, I think we should wait till we have had a decent amount of activity before we write that up and send it out. Perhaps when we get back from the break or once we've completed a certain amount of projects: 25 or 50?
hey john!
read the post and it sounds like a plan. i think it would be great if we could keep the momentum going over the easter break and its upto everyone to do that. so here's hoping we can get Your Collective out to as many people as we can !!
oh, will be in london over easter, but dont know wat my work shifts will be like, but will keep you posted john!
presh
xx
Post a Comment